The Cobalt switch machine is a high quality DC motor driven actuator created to be the best product available for turnout or signal control in any scale from N to O.
- May be used to operate turnout points, crossing gates and semaphores.
- High gear ratio and throw strength provides superior operational stability.
- Quieter and more robust than similar type switch machines.
- Operates at 6 - 15VDC and draws only 30mA. Optimal strength at 9 - 15VDC.
- May be controlled externally by push buttons, toggle switches or DCC Stationary Decoders (sold separately).
- Two internal SPDT "break before make" switches for frog power switching, panel lights, feedback or signalling.
- Internal switch contacts have strong pressure formed phosphor bronze wipers and gold plated wiper contacts.
- Positive but gentle and almost totally silent mechanism.
- Mounting tabs for vertical or horizontal installation.
- Solderless connection using the built in terminal block.
- Includes installation hardware.
- Lifetime warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The thing I liked about the Cobalt is that all the connections are marked, and there are mechanical connectors to hold the connecting wires in place. You do not have to buy a separate connector or solder wires to the contacts. It also gives you two options for mounting and the spring wire is strong enough to move hard-to-throw switch points. The sticky template is great for assisting in mounting because you can position it and press it in places and the adhesive holds it while you screw it in place without having to have three hands. The developers took into account the difficulties of installing switch machines from underneath the layout table to existing turnouts and engineered their product to make it easy to install.