Cobalt slow motion turnout motor/switch machine with factory installed DCC accessory/stationary decoder.
Provides realistic operation for turnouts, crossing gates & semaphore signals. With a smaller footprint, and only 45% of the physical volume of its nearest competitor, the Cobalt has a much higher gear ratio, superior throw strength and far greater stability than any other similar product at the end of throw.
Quick to install, easy to wire with solderless push-in terminal connectors, and simple to set up. Useable with all scales. Includes instructions.
- Factory installed DCC accessory/stationary decoder
- Use to operate turnout points, crossing gates and semaphore signals
- Use with DCC or DC layouts
- May be controlled externally with a push button or toggle switch
- High gear ratio and throw strength provides superior operational stability
- Quieter and more robust than similar type switch machines
- Operates at 6-12vDC (9vDC optimal) and draws only 30mA
- Two internal SPDT "break before make" switches for frog power switching, panel lights, feedback or signalling
- Internal switch contacts have strong pressure formed phosphor bronze wipers and gold plated wiper contacts
- Positive but gentle and almost totally silent mechanism
- Mounting tabs for vertical or horizontal installation
- Solderless connection using the built in terminal block
- Includes installation hardware
- Lifetime warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I bought a couple of these to check out, looking for something lower in price than SMAILS. So far I do like the smaller size, but the solderless connection seems a bit cheap, and pretty small. A tip to get a good connection give your wire a firm tug after installation to lock it in place. Also the hole is a bit small, you might squeeze a 16 gauge wire in there. Programming was easy. Will see how well they perform over time and update this as needed.