The PSX4 is an intelligent solid state DCC circuit breaker for four power districts. It features an adjustable trip rating, feedback and more.
- Includes four DCC circuit breakers to control four power districts.
- All Solid State Operation: Fast, solid state design with reliable quiet action.no clicks or sparks.
- Adaptive Load Reset: Electronically determines if the overload is a real short or due to excess
capacitance in sound decoders or lighted passenger cars.
- Boost for Low Power Systems: Some low power DCC Systems boosters need a boost when resetting.
Adding this jumper helps reset low power output systems.
- Auto Stop with CV Reset: A photocell input can detect a train in the reverse section and turn off power. A
DCC command can then restore the power.
- Block Detection: Either a photo cell or current can be used to detect a train in a block. The photocell
can turn off the block. A DCC command can then restore the power.
- Over Voltage Protection: If there is an over voltage on the track caused by a DCC System
failure or other power inputs the PSX will shut down and protect decoders.
- Wide Range of Current Trip Setting: The currents can be adjusted over a range of 1.27 to 17.8 amps.
Values can be set either with CV settings or Jumpers.
- Very Low Voltage Drop: Breaker On resistance is less than 0.060 ohms, so the PSX has a low
voltage drop even at high currents. Much better than detectors that use a diode voltage drop.
- Manual or Automatic Reset: Automatic reset of the breaker after 2 seconds. A switch can be used for a
- Power On/Off by DCC: Turn on/off output track power with your DCC Throttle!
- Outputs for LED Indicators: LEDs can be added to monitor the input/output power and the status.
- System Reset: A single CV command sets all CVs to original factory values.
- Output for Audio Alert: An audible sounder can be added to the card to alert if there is a short.
- Network FeedBack: To Digitax Loco Net, NCE Cab Bus and Lens XpressNet for Shorted and Occupancy.
Board size: is 4-3/4" by 2-1/4"
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I ordered 2 PSX4’s and depaneled them into to eight separate boards. The boards snapped on the “scribe” line easy enough. I tested each board before and after each separation to ensure no problems were introduced in the process and they all work great.
The PSX products from DCC Specialties are excellent for protecting power districts, controlling signals and block detection. I am just using the circuit breaker protection now but will add signaling at a later date.
Traintek was great to work with. I placed several orders in a short period of time and Gary was great to work with when I wanted to make changes to my order. First rate service.