(Locomotive shown in photo not included)
MRC’s N gauge drop-in decoder/speaker combination for Kato’s SD40-2 loco replaces Kato’s factory installed board by simply removing the factory pc board from the locomotive and dropping in the MRC decoder.
Equipped with MRC’s world renowned Brilliance™ sound, and dynamic, super-fidelity speaker (permanently mounted on the decoder board), the locomotive truly comes to life, from startup to shutdown.
From the slowest “creep” to “top-end,” experience railroading like never before. MRC’s true, live capture, full fidelity sound includes SD40 prime mover diesel rumbles, actually recorded (railside) from the real diesel locomotive, by MRC’s Sound Engineers. It’s all there… all 28 NMRA available functions, and naturally, MRC provides (16) horns, eightbells, brakes, air releases, pop valves, cooling fans, coupling sounds and more.
- SD40 synchronized diesel prime mover sounds
- 1.0 amp capacity
- 16 different types of horns and 8 types of bells
- Programmable individual sound volumes
- Programmable either 2-digit or 4-digit addresses
- Programmable start voltage and top voltage
- Programmable acceleration and decelaration rates
- Programmable 14, 28, 128 speed steps
- Supports full read back
- Selectable factory default speed curve
- Advanced speed table control CV67-CV94
- Kick start voltage control CV65
- 3 headlight effects: Directional / rule 17 /off-dim-bright cycle.
- 28 accessory functions (F1-F28)
- Supports advanced consisting (CV19)
- Supports programming on the main (OPS move)
- Compatible with NMRA DCC standards
- Complies with Part 15 of FCC Rules
- 10mm, 32 ohm speaker included
- PCB size: 72mm x 9.7mm x 6.3mm
- Directly replaces Kato SD40-2 PC Boards