Decoder Buddy makes installing a 21-Pin decoder in your HO Scale locomotive a snap. The NixTrainz Decoder Buddy is a 21-pin motherboard that replaces the standard DCC 8-pin loco motherboard or factory DC light board, and easily allows you to take full advantage of all the functions and features of the latest, feature-rich 21-Pin decoders.
- This circuit board does NOT include the 21 Pin Decoder.
- Soldering is required for installation.
- These printed circuit boards are NOT FOR USE IN A DC SYSTEM.
- Works with popular 21-pin decoders from ESU, SoundTraxx, TCS and Digitrax.
- Soldering pads for connecting a Keep Alive Capacitor of your choice including ESU Power Pack.
- Separate multi pin socket and plug with solder pad breakouts for decoder output functions.
- The multi pin plug is fully removable for easy separation of loco shell and chassis.
- On board 2.2K Ohm Resistors for LED lighting provided.
- Connections for 12 lighting functions.
- Two pairs of Speaker Pads wired in parallel.
Original Decoder Buddy vs. V5 Decoder Buddy