The Rapido RailCrew ON-OFF Remote Uncoupler sits under the roadbed to reliably uncouple locomotives, passenger or freight cars. No matter what brand of standard magnetic knuckle couplers you use, it will work for you.
At just 1 3/4″ wide (44mm) and 7/8″ deep (22mm) it’s not much larger than a typical permanent magnetic uncoupler. It can also be easily controlled by DCC accessory decoders. It features an LED between the rails that marks the uncoupling zone which only operates when in the “ON” position. This is handy to have as the uncoupler is totally hidden from view.
When the uncoupler is “off” it has no effect on the couplers on your equipment. That means you won’t have any unwanted uncoupling. This is really handy in large yards and on the mainline, especially near runaround tracks or industrial spurs.
- Compact 1 3/4″(44mm) diameter x 7/8″” (22mm) height
- Easy to install on existing layouts
- Momentary 12V DC power means you can power numerous machines off of one power supply.
- Only uncouples cars when you want it to
- Works with all major brands of magnetic couplers
- Low-profile, compact design for all layout types (including multi-deck and portable layouts)
- Ideal for uncoupling both freight and passenger cars
- LED between and below the rails marks uncoupling zone when in “ON” position
- Package Contains 1 Uncoupler
Installation onto an existing layout is easy:
- Drill a 1/8″ hole between the ties at the track centre line.
- Insert the steel centering pin (included) into your hole saw and cut a larger hole from beneath the subroadbed using the 1/8″ hole as a guide.
- Push the uncoupler in from below and connect the power.
- That’s it. If you are doing a new layout build you can do the entire installation from above.
SEE IT IN ACTION ON THE VIDEO BELOW