Econami ECO-PNP Diesel Sound Decoder
A replacement board style digital sound decoder suitable for a wide variety of models from HO to S scale. Fits many older Atlas HO locomotives as well as Kato, Athearn Genesis and Stewart. Includes a connector to easily add a CurrentKeeper (STX-810140) to maintain performance over dirty track and switches.
- Dimensions: 73.7 x 16.8 x 4.8mm
- Max. Motor Stall Current: 2 Amps
- 6 Function Outputs
- Max. Function Current: 100mA (each output)
- Audio Amplifier: 2W, 8-Ohm Load
- DCC Track Voltage: 10V – 22V
Econami Diesel Features
- High-quality 16-bit sound
- 40+ sound effects and 12 polyphonic sound channels
- 5 Prime Mover Selections:
- EMD 567: Use in BL1, BL2, F3, F7, F9, GP7, GP9, E7, SW1, SW600
- EMD 645 (turbo): Use in GP15T, GP39, GP40, SD39, SD40, SD45, F45, FP45, DDA40X)
- EMD 710 (turbo): Use in GP59, GP60, SD60, SD70, SD75, SD80MAC, F59PH)
- GE FDL-16 (modern): Use in B36-8, Dash 8-32BWH, Dash 8-40B, Amtrak Dash 8-40BWH, Dash 9-44CW, AC4400CW)
- ALCO 244: Use in FA, FB, RS-3, RSD-4, PA, PB
- Selectable sound effects to fit most operating preferences: 16 Horns, 6 bells with up to five ring-rates each, air compressors, airpumps, dynamos, and couplers
- 7-Band Equalizer
- Function-activated brake with synchronized sound effects
- Updated, easy-to-use CV roster for customizing motor, lighting, and sound settings
- Up to six lighting outputs, allowing a selection from 20 Hyperlight lighting effects
- Back-EMF Hyperdrive2 advanced motor control
- Standard, 3-point, and user-adjustable speed curves
- 34-function support and Flex-Map function mapping technology allows you to map any of Econami’s effects to any F0-F28 function key, control directionality of lighting outputs, configure any effect to respond automatically to changes in direction and movement, and ability to map an effect to the emergency stop button if desired.
- Function-activated grade-crossing signal
- Function to improve switching operations: Activating Switching Mode will reduce throttle by 50% and inactivate all momentum CV settings, allowing the decoder to respond instantly to throttle changes.
- Support for easy CurrentKeeper installation to prevent momentary power losses during operation
- Compatible with NMRA DCC Standards & Recommended Practices
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The Econamis are great decoders if you don't need two dozen choices for each sound. I've been very pleased with these in the past and Tsunami stands behind the product.
Put it into a Walthers proto SD45 and it sounds & goes terrific! Good value for the price.
This is my fourth eco pnp installation and am very pleased with the ease and performance of the decoder. It meets all of my expectations as well as the pleasure of what the decoder adds to the performance of the locomotive.
I own several Tsunami sound decoders. This was my first experience with an Econami Sound decoder. I was very impressed with how well the engine ran with the new decoder with very few adjustments. It has the same great Tsunami sound but the motor control is much better. The price makes it a very affordable option when you are adding sound decoders to you engines.